Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen. ~Hebrews 11:1

Monday, June 7, 2010

Marlee Update and diagnosis

I know many of you have been praying for Marlee and have been advocating for her since it was brought to our attention that she was suffering from seizures and getting progressively worse in her condition about 4-5 weeks ago.  After testing...she has been formally diagnosed with a disease called, Tuberous Sclerosis.  I honestly do not know much about this condition at all, other than what I've read on the internet.  So I cut and pasted basic information that I found.  Tuberous sclerosis or tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a rare, multi-system genetic diseasethat causes benign tumours to grow in the brain and on other vital organs such as the kidneys,hearteyes, lungs, and skin. A combination of symptoms may include seizures, developmental delay, behavioural problems, skin abnormalities, lung and kidney disease. TSC is caused bymutations on either of two genes,TSC1 and TSC2, which encode for the proteins hamartin and tuberin respectively.  The real blessing in all of this is that due to the efforts made by some very special people thousands of miles away...Marlee is now receiving the seizure meds she so desperately needed.  She is at least comfortable now and that has been such an awesome gift to this baby girl.  The group that is to thank for their efforts and work in the Tianjin CWI, is ICCO.  This group uses 100% of the proceeds donated to their organization toward children that are in need of care similar to Marlee.  Anyone can donate specifically to this group to assist in paying for Marlee's seizure meds and Dr. bills...Which is so awesome!  If at any time you'd like to donate towards Marlee's ongoing Meds or learn more about ICCO please visit, www.tjicco.org . Thank you so much for all of the prayers for Marlee!!!

Last but not least...Today we received our I-800 Provisional approval!!!!!  Moving right along!!!!  Theoretically from I-800 Provisional approval to our NVC notification should take about a week and then from NVC Notification to Article 5 is approx 2 weeks and then 1-2 weeks till TA (travel approval)...That's the jist of the remainder of our timeline.  I know it sounds crazy...All of the oodles of acronyms and stages but the good news is we're getting close :)  Continuing to hope and pray for July travel!  We'll keep you posted!!!

Hugs and love,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we are so happy that you are a part of our journey!