Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen. ~Hebrews 11:1

Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a New Year! 2009

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Brandon and I (and of course little Peyton) returned from a very nice trip down to Orlando for Christmas and New Years. It was tough to leave family but we were so thankful to have had the time to visit. I wanted to thank everyone for your prayers! We have a HUGE praise and get to start off the new year with some good news!!! No, I did not hand carry our paperwork to Korea...Though it crossed both of our minds :) We found out early this morning that our paperwork was mailed to Korea on December 30th!!!! I can't even begin to describe the sigh of relief that Brandon and I had when we got the news. Just about everything else after..."Your paperwork was mailed to Korea on Dec. 30th" was blah-blah-blah :) B and I both said to each other that we felt like a huge brick was removed from our shoulders. It was very comforting to know it was finally on it's way. So, now the wait "officially" begins for our adoption from Korea. We are operating under the assumption that we won't get word for 6 months based on what our agency shared with me today. ANYTHING can happen as you've seen but we're going to set our minds to not anticipate a match/referral prior to June. I was telling Brandon that June seems so far away with it being 20-something degrees here!! :) But 6 months should seem like a walk in the park for us since we're becoming pros at the waiting (who am I kidding ;-) Please continue to pray for us, our family and most importantly this lil peanut that we long for in our lives. We pray that he, she or them are well cared for, loved, safe, comforted and all of the rest of the things that a dad and mom naturally want for their lil ones. I've downloaded a new song that will play first when you open up our blog now for a while. It's a thank you to all of our friends and family who have reached out and extended so much love in the way of calls, prayers, emails, posts, etc. You all are such a tremendous source of encouragement to us! More than you'll ever know!!!

BIG BIG HUGS and MANY BLESSINGS to you all in the coming year!!!
XOXOXO
Brandon and Robin

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Joy!!! What good news to hear. We're all waiting right along with you. Sending my prays that the wait is speedy. Chris W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to have a step in the right direction! I have been thinking about you, and hoping that 2009 will bring you a speedy referral!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, we are so happy that you are a part of our journey!